Larry Patch Paciorek
make a TAX-DEDUCTIBLE donation, please
first studio CD
TOPS BAND PERSONNEL
second studio CD
And so we dedicate Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive to the memory of our emeritus music director Vince Patti, to all those who have so generously accepted and supported us and to our hopes for continued fulfillmemt of our mission-Classic Big Band Music for Seniors by Seniors.
You can have one (or more) CDs sent directly to your home or business. Click here to order. (They make GREAT GIFTS). While you are waiting for your CDs to arrive, you can click on the samples below to hear a little of what YOUR CD will sound like. Six selections on the CD are represented.
The song samples below are encoded in stereo mp3 format. Make sure your speakers are turned on. If you don't hear the music when you click the link, you may need an mp3 player or an upgrade. Download the FREE Quicktime player from Apple, Inc. It is available for either Mac or Windows. Click here.
Have a problem hearing the songs? E-mail webmaster.
1. How High The Moon. All big bands had "hot" numbers they played for jitterbugs and for their own pleasure. This was one!
2. It Had To Be You. Ruth Griebel is our wintertime "chanteuse" when Betsy Guy heads south for the winter. Here she puts her stamp on this Gershwin classic.
3. Accentuate The Positive. The title track for the CD is a demand that the listener get aboard for some lightening up...some fun...and remember when great songs took us up, up, and away! Ron Davis, vocal. Buddy Sullivan, tenor sax.
4. Night and Day. Many singers have memorable versions of this Cole Porter classic. Here is Larry Patch with his version of a Dick Wooley arrangement.
5. Give Me The Simple Life. An upbeat anthem for all us elders. The vocal is by Betsy Guy.
6. Love For Sale Buddy Sullivan, the class act of jazz tenor sax, gives a clean, tasteful rendition of the big band classic "hot tune."
Note: All arrangements for this CD are by Dick Wooley except Sweet Georgia Brown, My Funny Valentine, 'S Wonderful, All Right-OK, and The Nearness Of You.
Ron Davis: 216-244-0646 E-mail Ron
Joe Trzcinski: 216-932-3228